Visit Map

Saturday 1 August 2015

Wonthaggi Branch - Bridge Number 3

Wonthaggi Branch Bridge Number 3. Located 6.26km from Nyora. I have now made four attempts to reach this bridge, to no avail. It is located close to the South Gippsland Highway on a dairy property. While it is out in the open, I cannot get anyone to answer the door at the farmhouse so I can get permission to walk onto their property to photograph it. It is important to get permission, as people in this area are mostly against the proposed rail trail being built and might get a bit upset if they see you wandering around with a camera.

They also have a fairly large dairy herd that is always close to the house and therefore also the bridge. As I can see with my telescope that it is yet another concrete culvert style bridge, I have decided to give it a miss, and not try to photograph it.

No comments:

Post a Comment